Abstracts are invited for E- Poster Presentations at the 26th Australian Orthodontic Congress 2018 (ASO 2018). The Congress will explore the waves of change shaping orthodontics and the orthodontic profession in Australia today
If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Organising Committee, you must also intend to register for the Congress. Online submission is the only method of receipt for abstracts.
|KEY DATES TO REMEMBER|
|Registration Open||August 2017|
|Call for Abstracts Open||Now Open!|
|Call for Abstracts Close||Extended to Friday 10 November|
|Notification to Authors||Friday 30 November|
|Deadline for authors to accept offer to present||Friday 24 November|
|Deadline for authors to register for the Congress||Friday 8 December|
|Early Bird Registration Closes||Friday 8 December|
|ASO 2018 Congress||9 – 12 March 2018|
Electronic Poster Display Electronic poster (E-poster) presentations are an electronic visual display of research projects that delegates will be able to access on their personal devices and view on various screens throughout the Congress Exhibition Hall. The poster display will be an integral part of the program. Full details and an e-poster template will be sent following acceptance.
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Abstract submission is a three step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
STEP 1 Abstract template
Download the Abstract Template, save it to your desktop. Use the template to populate your abstract in the required format. Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned to the author for correction.
- Text must be in Arial, 12pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your abstract text should be no more than 250 words, including references
- Your abstract should clearly and concisely outline the CONTENT of the presentation and should include key points/issues to be addressed
- Where applicable, the abstract should include the subheadings; Background, Objectives, Methods, Findings and Conclusions
Please note: Abstract submissions must be provided in Word document format. All PDF submissions will returned to authors to resubmit in the correct file format.
STEP 2 Create an account and logging into the abstract submission portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the button above “CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT”. Click the “Create New Account” link and enter your contact details. These details are required to create the account. Once you have created an account within this portal you can upload submissions, download the abstract submission template, access the submission guidelines, view the terms and conditions and later register for the Congress and review the Presenter Briefing Notes.
STEP 3 Submitting your Abstract
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click on Abstract Submission in the top menu bar. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The Title of your Abstract
- Presentation Type (preference only)
- Name and Organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors
- A brief biography of the Presenting Author, the biography should be no more than 100 words
- Your completed abstract
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed; you will not be able to submit an abstract through the portal until all areas are completed.
- Abstracts that do not include results or state that “results will be presented” may be subject to rejection.
- If you wish to make changes, edit or replace your existing submitted abstracts you are able to do so until Friday 13 October 2018 by contacting the Program Coordinator via email. After this date, abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted; there will be no opportunity for amendments from the close of abstracts on Friday 13 October 2018.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the terms and conditions as outlined in the abstract portal.
NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
Authors will be communicated by Friday 10 November. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Congress. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register and pay for the Congress by the presenter registration deadline of 8 December 2017, in order for the presentation to be included in the Congress Program.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the ASO 2018 Congress Office: